Sunday, January 9, 2011

Activia Challenge

I‘ve seen ads for the Activia challenges many times and was thinking long time to try it out. Activia is a yogurt that helps to regulate your digestive systems. We have many other yogurts available in the market; Activia is“live yoghurt” that contains “Bifidus Regularis” in it. Bifidus Regularis is a type of probiotic used in Dannon Activa yogurt. They say like all probiotics, it is beneficial to the body. It replaces microorganisms that are necessary to aid in digestion. Specifically, it adds beneficial bacteria to the colon, which allows material to pass through the colon (The colon is the last part of the digestive system) more quickly and easily. Dannon developed Bifidus Regularis in there lab especially for Activia. It adds Bifidus Regularis bacteria into the digestive process which make the digestive system smooth. This is designed to work on the "transit time." Faster the transit   time, the healthier the digestive track. And they have a 14 days trial pack, if we are not seeing any changes, they will give the money back!
All of the above is theory, now time to try this out. And this much theory was enough for me to give a try. If we can reduce weight only by taking a cup of yoghurt daily what else you want!!
It was working day and I started having Activia. I was not at all aware of the probable side effects, did not even thought about simple yogurt can impact you this much. On the very second day reached the office and felt like a basket ball in the stomach. I literally pulled my t –shirt to see if there is really one! Went many times to rest room. Oh man I felt, why don’t I take my laptop inside and start working there only. I would have been saved my time between my cubicle and rest room. It was a horrible day but I never suspected Activia. I continued next day also and faced the same issues. Literally it was a narrow escape for me this day for not giving daily status updates from rest room! The Third day I realized it might be because of the new bacteria introduced to my digestive system. I stopped the next day and everything went well. There were still 11 boxes remaining in the challenge box. I wonder if I started having the reaming I might have to change my communicator states to 'working from rest room'! I never thought Activia will give a mass boost to my ‘transit time’!
Bottom line...this product is NOT safe for everyone.  But I am sure there are many people who do not have any problems and rather really beneficial for their digestive system. But I was wondering why there is not even a warning label on the cup for the possible side effects so that we will be cautious before consuming it. There are no short cuts to reduce your weight. The only way is daily work out and food control - both together.                                                  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are having a lactose intolerance? Then you should avoid eating / drinking any milk products.

kim said...

I'm not lactose intolerant and same here... day one and two I was at work RUNNING for the restroom. I will try few more days...no bloating or uncomfortableness.

Sam said...

Sirji just going through the post now ... I have to say that you have improved immensely in the humor department. "Working from rest room" was a really good one :-) ... Keep blogging