Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My GM Diet Experience

There are a lot of diets that are popular  for a variety of reasons. Some of them are easy to sustain, some of them have instant effects and some of them have long-term effects. There are a few diets that combine all of these traits, and the GM diet happens to be one of them.It is believed GM diet was formulated by General Motors for their employees. The program was developed in conjunction with the grant from the US Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration.
It is designed to flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well being. After seven days you will begin to feel lighter by atleast 10 pounds. You will have an abundance of energy and an improved disposition.The diet was so effective in losing about 7-10lbs within a span of seven days that it became hugely popular worldwide- The diet itself is very simple. It is a seven day program with very strict restrictions on what can be eaten on each day.
Well,  here I will share my experience with GM diet. This is not the first time I am doing this.I started searching for a good diet program, when my scale started showing 232.3 lbs = 105.6 kg. And it was my  friends suggested me to do GM diet.I did some research and decided to go ahead with GM and this is my fourth experience and out of that one was failure. This time I had a long term target of bringing my weight under 200 pounds.

Day One:
Today Scale shows my weight as of 208.6 lbs = 94.8 kg.
Notes: Today we are preparing our system for upcoming program. Only source of nutrition is fresh fruits. Fruits are nature’s perfect food. They provide everything you can possibly want to sustain life except total balance and variety. Eat fruits from melon family will give you more results!

Started day with 60 minutes work out. I took half watermelon, Grapes, Oranges, cantaloupe and honey dew etc. By evening I started feeling weak with a slight headache. Had 2 liters of water. I could not control by that time and had 2 avacado!!But I will not recommend having this as this contains more FAT. Other than that the first day went very well. Before going bed I had one glass of water melon Juice without sugar.
Day Two:
Notes: Today we need to starts with fix complex carbohydrates in the form of a boiled potato. This is to provide energy and balance. The rest of the day too consists of vegetables which are virtually calories free and provide essential nutrients and fiber.
Today Scale shows my weight as of 206 lbs = 93.6 kg.
Started my day with 45 minutes workout. I had my breakfast with a large cooked potato. For lunch we had cooked cauliflower .And for dinner served with mix of cooked carrot and beans. Today also there was headache and weakness. Today we can also add any kind of vegetables – cabbage, Spinach, Broccoli, beetroot etc in both cooked and uncooked form. Also filled my day with 2.5 liter water.
Day Three:
Notes: Today avoid potato because you get your carbohydrates from fruits. Your system is now prepared to start burning excess pounds. You will have cravings which should start to diminish by day four.
Today Scale shows my weight as of 204 lbs = 92.7 kg.
Good work. This is the main attraction for GM as day passes it is started showing quick results. Started my day with 40 minutes workout. Today we can have any mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. I enjoyed this day with Fruits – Apple, Orange, Grapes and had lunch with cooked Spinach and Broccoli. And for dinner I had a small piece of cooked melon and end my day with half glass of water melon juice without sugar. Also I took around 2.5 liters of water throughout the day.
Day Four:
Notes: Today bananas and milk. You are in for a surprise. You probably will not be able to eat all the bananas allowed. But they are therefore the potassium you have lost and the sodium you may have missed the last three days.
Today Scale shows my weight as of 203.2 lbs = 92.4 kg.
Today reduced my work out to 30 minutes. I took one glass of skimmed milk and one banana for breakfast and for lunch I made milk banana shake with one spoon of sugar added in to it. For dinner had 1 banana with one glass of milk again. Somehow I managed with 3 bananas! The lightness felling I am having today can’t express, you have to come and feel it
Day Five:
Notes: Today Rice and tomatoes. The rice is for the carbohydrates and the tomatoes are for the digestion and the fiber. Lots of water purifies your system. You should notice colorless urine today. Do not feel you have to eat one cup rice, you may eat less.But you may eat six tomatoes.
Scale shows 200.8 lbs = 91.3 kg.
Yes I am nearby my target.I started my day with 30 minutes of work out and 2 tomatoes. For Lunch I had one hamburger with 2 tomatoes. Dinner as well served with tomato soup. And I had increased my water intake to 4 liter today. In between I had half glass of black tea without sugar.
Day Six:
Notes: It is similar to five. Vitamins and fiber from the vegetables and carbohydrates from the rice. By now your system is in a total weight loss inclination. There should be a noticeable difference in the way you look today compared to day one.
Scale shows 199.4 lbs = 90.6 kg.
It’s a feast for the dieters this day. You can have lean unlimited beef or one cup of rice along with vegetables in unlimited quantities. As usual I started day with 30 minutes work out and had Carrots as breakfast, Lunch with a cup of rice with cooked Broccoli. Today I felt weakness so for dinner I bought one Sub Way without Cheese and any dressing and taken without bread! As usual 3 liter water today too.
Day Seven:
Notes: You may celebrate with champagne. All surveys done to measure the success of the program, General Motors employees have always preferred champagne to white wine.
Scale shows 198.3 lbs = 90.1 kg.
This is the final day of the program and it allows fruit juice for the first time. You can also eat brown rice, and all the vegetables and fruits you want. I have taken 3.5 liters of water today.
Day Eight:
Got up early and directly went to check my weight. It shows 198.6 lbs = 90.3 kg.That means 10 lbs = 4.5 kg less than when I am started. I am really feeling the light feeling .Thanks again to GM Diet.
Additional Comments
The key thing to remember is that if you are hungry at any time, then you are not following the diet correctly. Almost all people give up the diet when they are hungry because of dieting. The secret of this program is that you should never hungry. If it is a vegetable day, eat so many vegetables so that you are never hungry. If it is a fruits day, eat so much fruits that you are never hungry. You may be bored of eating vegetables all day, but you should not be hungry. You can take any amount of General Motors wonder soup on any day.The most important element of the program is the 10 tall glasses of water a day. You can also flavour the water will some lemon to make the drink easier. While on the program, take only black coffee and never more than one teaspoon of suger. Preferably do not use oil because the high calorific content. No fruit juices before day seven.
I personally experienced and feel this diet is extremely effective.That too more than three times in a year span.Some people claim that once we back from the diet we will regain all the weight we lost.For those people I want to give an advice from my experience :- take this as a Kickstart and control your food then after as well as try to do reguler workout . And effectively keep the weight.Enjoy the lightness. I suggest everyone should try it once...it really helps.

No comments: